Front Office Manager
You can make a Difference.
We are one of the most successful hotel chains in the world. At COMFORT INN, you'll get the support and training you need to be your best. Culturally, we're a very, very friendly place to work. Casual but professional. You'll enjoy a positive work-life balance. You'll work side-by-side with smart, motivated, fun people who know they make a difference.
The bottom line: We believe in the awesome power of individuals working together toward a shared vision. And we believe we can have fun doing it!
Join our winning team as a Front Office Manager!
Responsibilities include assisting in managing telephone services, guest services, and oversee hiring, development, and training of staff. Assist in managing inventory to ensure room occupancy and daily rate objectives are met. Receive guest complaints and ensure they are met to the guest satisfaction. Assist in developing procedures for security of guest belongings and receipt, control and accounting for guest payments and transactions. Assist Front Desk Manager when not on property.
- Interview and recommend candidates for hire in the Front Desk Department
- Participate in the orientation of each new Front Desk employee
- Completing the appropriate orientation paperwork
- Coach and counsel employees at the Front Desk in a positive fashion to produce improved work performance
- Recommend disciplinary action for violations of employee conduct, policy, and poor performance of essential tasks
- Complete documentation on disciplinary situations for approval by the General Manager
- Maintain an effective training program to ensure that all new employees are properly equipped to execute their jobs
- Personally follow up with new employees to ensure they are receiving the proper training
- Prepare work schedules to efficiently handle expected business levels
- Be proficient in all Front Desk operations
- Set standards through providing leadership by example
- The Front Desk Manager should spend a major portion of his or her time actually working The Front Desk
- Occasionally prepare bank deposit when called to do so by the General Manager
- Ensure that employees follow proper clock-in procedure
- Monitor hours worked to prevent overtime
- Approve time cards for Front Desk employees at the end of each pay period
- Maintain sufficient levels of supplies for the operation of the Front Desk
- Use proper purchase order procedure when purchasing Items
- Supervise the presentation of the Complimentary Breakfast
- Order and maintain secure and sanitary storage
- Complete Income Audit checklist for each days work
- Verify that all work by the Front Desk Clerks and Night Auditor has been done correctly and is accurate
- Complete Daily Sales and Revenue Report by adding bank deposit information after deposit is taken to bank
- Balance front and back sides
- Transmit daily VISA/MasterCard sales to the credit card processing company through the electronic terminal
- Ensure that all charges and credits transmitted balance to the day's work and paper vouchers.
- Accounts Receivable: Ensure that all invoices are mailed daily, check each previous days check log to ensure that all checks received were posted at the Front Desk, maintain an active collections effort on any accounts that are 30 days or more past due, coordinate with the General Manager on accounts that are more than 60 days past due for stronger measures
- Research past bills for guests and send copies of receipts to guests requesting them (only when you are sure that it is the person who registered for the room.) Require the guest request in writing with a signature when you are unsure.
- Supervise the Night