.NET Developer – Software Engineer (Software Developer)
This Job Is Located In Atlanta, Ga
If you are a highly motivated and detail-oriented person who is good at problem solving and wants an opportunity to work in a team environment, then join our Corporate Applications department team at CareerBuilder! We are seeking a self-directed and flexible Software Engineer with excellent communication skills who will design and implement solutions in .NET to solve business problems on a company-wide scale. You will work on the analysis, design and implementation of solutions to meet CareerBuilders business needs in customer service, order entry and sales support. You will also support and provide innovative solutions around the companys financial systems, product purchase channels, account management and intranet- related services. Furthermore, we have many exciting internationally-focused projects and tasks for which we need competent, hardworking and driven Software Engineers who consistently and proactively seek opportunities for improvement and development. If you are an industrious, well-natured professional and want to work in an enterprising and stimulating environment, then CareerBuilder may be the right place you!
As a Software Engineer, you will work with other developers and participate in the architecture and design of user interfaces, business objects and overall infrastructure. You will also communicate openly with team leads and other team members in relation to the status of projects and express your thoughts, accomplishments and roadblocks in daily meetings.
Additional Responsibilities For The Software Engineer Include
- Maintaining and creating business objects for an N-tier 24x7 production environment
- Developing web pages and web services
- Creating and maintaining customized software modules
- Ensuring that customer expectations are clear and deadlines are met
- Embracing lean development methodology for providing fast and efficient delivery of solutions
- Investigating and resolving customer and platform related issues
- Creating and modifying Tables and Data
As a Software Engineer, you must be a tenacious and structured individual who has very good object-oriented knowledge and great communication skills. You must also show leadership skills and strive to address problems proactively, methodically and candidly.
Additional Requirements Of The Software Engineer Include
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems or other related field
- Experience developing frontend web pages is a plus
At CareerBuilder, we are committed to helping our employees strike a healthy work-life balance. In fact, the Chicago Tribune selected CareerBuilder as one of the Best Places to Work' in 2010 and we were named one of Glassdoor.coms Best Places to Work' in 2011! We offer compensation based on experience, several bonus opportunities, relocation expense coverageand a generous benefits package. Software Engineers are eligible for quarterly bonuses that total up to 10% of their annual pay. We also offer a quarterly award for skill in following the Lean development methodology where the winners receive cash bonuses.
Training and orientation are comprehensive and self-paced; you will learn how our team works together, specific technologies and coding practices. We offer excellent career advancement opportunities and the freedom to work with different internal development teams. Our team culture is casual, social and supportive. We like to have fun and participate in a diverse array of team-building activities. We celebrate office birthdays, enjoy a complimentary bagel breakfast every Friday and attend free Braves baseball games. In short, we play as hard as we work.
Additional Benefits For The Software Engineer Include
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance-for less than $60 per month, an employee with an individual plan can have coverage in all areas
- Basic and voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(K) retirement program with company match
- $400 annual reimbursement for wellness activities
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account for healthcare and dependent care expenditures
- Paid time-off
- Employee assistance program for personal and/or work-related problems that affect your life
- Education reimbursement program allowing up to $5k per year towards completion of a non-MBA graduate degree and up to $10K per year towards completion of an MBA
- Employee referral bonus of up to $1,500
- Summer hours- from the beginning of July through end of August, your weekend starts at 12pm on Fridays
- World-class training and development opportunities
- Business casual dress code
- Paid volunteer opportunities- including Habitat for Humanity
- Five-star company paid trips for the top 10% of workers in each department
The CareerBuilder Technology Team is the driving force behind our business. We are experts in search technology, big data, social network integration and large scale solutions, and our development philosophy uses technology to solve business problems. Our technology environment is purposefully designed to push people who push themselves, because we believe in growing people, growing leaders and nurturing talent. We work to foster an employee-driven culture that enables each person to make a difference every day through team collaboration and fun team outings. We know that our greatest asset is our people and we truly believe that you should enjoy coming to work!
Atlanta is now the 8th largest metro area in the nation. Since 2000, metro Atlanta has grown by over 1.1 million people - a 27 percent increase. Why is the area exploding? Such reasons include our diverse economy, higher education opportunities, below average cost of living, active lifestyle, moderate climate and the worlds busiest airport! Check out the 50 Fun Things to do in Atlanta!
CareerBuilder, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.