Director of Development
Position Description - Director Of Development, American Nutrition Association
Looking for a Mission, not just a job? Want to have a huge impact on the health of society? If you are passionate about making a difference, smart, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work hard for a mission you believe in, then we want you on our Team.
The American Nutrition Association (ANA) is a rapidly growing 501c3 charitable organization.
The Director of Development will help us create and implement our annual development plan and strategy. The ANA does not take funding from sources unaligned with our mission of promoting optimal health and wellness through nutrition education. The ideal candidate will have a well rounded interest in nutrition.
The Director of Development will be responsible for fundraising and engaging sponsors in ongoing program activities. This includes leveraging key relationships and contacts within and outside the organization.
• Create and implement annual development plan and strategy
• Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate & foundation sponsors and individual donors
• Write grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundation and government funders
• Develop and grow our individual donor base
• Manage annual giving campaign
• Cultivate major gifts
• Develop and implement comprehensive donor development strategy
• Develop and manage the Board’s fundraising capacity
• Work in partnership with the Director of Communication and Director of Programs & Operations
Ideal Candidate Skills
• Demonstrated interest in nutrition and/or must be driven by an interest in the mission personally and/or professionally
• Must possess an understanding of current philanthropic and public relations interests of individuals, foundations and corporations
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development
• Proven track record of achieving annual revenue targets
• High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills - demonstrated ability to write persuasively
• High degree of initiative
• 3-5 years of business development experience with a nonprofit, emphasis on corporate sponsorships is a plus
• Hours: Preferably Full time
• Location: La Grange, IL (20 minutes west of downtown Chicago)
• Compensation: Based on experience