Manufacturing Project Engineer
TECHSTAFF is currently seeking aManufacturing Project Engineer.
The successful candidate will be a manufacturing engineer who will focus on cost reduction and manufacturing process improvements outside the day-to-day job flow. Using their engineering knowledge as well as fabrication and machining experience, this individual will come up with and implement projects that meet company objectives for improvement. In addition, the selected individual will manage these projects from conception to completion with minimal supervision. The focus of this position will be to modify existing product designs, reduction of set-up times, reduction of assembly and processing times, and improvements to work cells and fixture designs.
The Ideal Candidate Must Have The Ability To
- Examine the current product line to find cost saving opportunities utilizing existing machines to reduce lead times or labor and material costs.
- Coordinate manufacturing best practices between other facilities.
- Examine new technologies in forming, welding, and machining to justify their use to drive cost or lead time out of the existing products.
- Propose new products or product improvements to engineering to improve the lead time or cost of the existing product offering.
- Work with outside vendors to determine the most cost effective designs for new or existing products based on that vendors specific needs.
- Design improved fixtures and work cells to improve the quality and speed through the manufacturing area while also improving worker safety and ergonomics.
- Identify opportunities for improving processes using Lean tools.
We are searching for a candidate with a proven record of recommending and implementing cost-reduction projects in the manufacturing setting.
Bachelors Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering or Engineering Technology along with three to five (3-5) years of practical engineering experience is expected. 3D or 2D CAD experience is a must, preferably SolidWorks and AutoCAD. Candidate should have experience in a fabrication environment, including welding, machining, and metal forming.