Senior Process Engineer
Requisition Number: 8330
Job Title: Senior Process Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Research & Development
Company: Pepperidge Farm Incorporated
Business Unit / Location: Norwalk (Corp)
Take the opportunity to work with one of America's best-loved and well-recognized brand icons. With annual sales exceeding $1 billion, eight manufacturing facilities across the country, and 5,000 employees committed to excellence, Pepperidge Farm® makes careers rise like fresh bread in a hot oven.
We are the nation's quality and good-taste leader in premium baked goods, from crunchy Goldfish® crackers to decadent Milano cookies, from savory Swirl breads to zesty Texas Toast.
The Process Development Engineer Is Responsible For
- The identification and/or innovative creation of new & unique processes and/or processing equipment to achieve business goals of commercializing new products and product forms.
- Innovative, practical application and modification of existing technologies to achieve business goals of commercializing new products or improving existing products.
- Early process assessment and the development of analytical methods to gain insight into effects of processing parameters in order to identify and optimize processes for specific product scope.
- Providing process specifications and support to assure smooth rollouts of new equipment and processes into operations.
- Provision of comprehensive process documentation to enable smooth commercialization and training of plant personnel.
- (30%) Identification, assessment, validation and documentation of process technology to deliver identified new products.
- (30%) Conducts assessment and capability studies and supervises new product startups/commercialization and provides on-site support to Project Engineers and Plant Operations.
- (15%) Provides expertise in developing new and innovative manufacturing processes.
- (15%) Provides on-site and remote technical services, observing processes, pinpointing and fixing problems to assure consistent quality and capacity.
- (10%) Creates, designs, supervises the development of new process/equipment and experimental protocols required to validate product concepts and prototypes.
- (10%) Independently directs the activities of outside vendors and fabricators in the development and fabrication of new equipment, and managing the testing of such equipment both at the vendor facility and production plants.
- Requires the ability to interact and communicate effectively with Sr. R&D Management, Plant Management and line operators. The Process Engineer must be a good problem solver, must be able to identify, interpret and analyze the correct data, and provide detailed directions to development projects.
- Maintains active knowledge and understanding in areas beyond Process Development, including Product and Package Development, QA, Project Engineering, and a thorough understanding of Marketing needs and financial hurdles.
- Sustains a high level of competence and professionalism in a dynamic business environment
- B.S Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Agriculture Engineering with Food Processing emphasis
- 6+ years of related experience with a consumer packaged goods background - Desired experience with frozen or fresh bakery eg: pastry, bread, doughs, cakes, pies
- Excellent analytical skills, strong attention to details, good communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle and lead multiple projects at any given time in a team environment.
- Conceptual familiarity with modeling engineering process calculations such as heat/mass balance, process capability, and capacity analysis, and ability to apply in practical situations.
- Intermediate computer skills involving statistical, drawing, and presentation software.
CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY www.campbellsoup.com
Campbell Valuing People, People Valuing Campbell
Campbell Soup Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Company Sponsored Relocation: Yes
Job Classification: Professional
Business Area: Pepperidge Farm
Workplace Setting: Corporate or Headquarters
Region: New England