The job you requested, Senior Mortgage Underwriter, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Responsible for reviewing all applications submitted and adhering to internal underwriting guidelines and standards. Working knowledge of the merchant processing and/or payment card industries is preferred.
- Conduct due diligence reviews of applications, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Validate documents provided with new applications using online publications and resources provided
- Review and analyze credit and financial reports, financial statements, balance sheets, tax returns, etc.
- Prepare written summary based on analysis of applicant/customer information in accordance with the department procedures
- Utilize skills in problem identification, analysis, and resolution using available resources to accomplish duties
- Review applications with Risk Management when necessary
- Assist in the completion of weekly and monthly reports for the Underwriting department
- Assist with conducting audits of completed files
- 2+ years of Underwriting and Risk Management experience in Pre-Paid or Merchant Services field
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, accounting, real estate, or related field preferred
- Ability to make quick, sound decisions and recommendations and provide justification of with appropriate decision basis
- Work well in a fast paced environment both individually and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize work flow while being able to handle multiple tasks and stay organized
- Possess initiative to suggest and implement new ideas