(SSC) Sr Mechanical Engineer - Propulsion Systems
Title: (SSC) Sr Mechanical Engineer - Propulsion Systems
Job Number: 200254
The Senior Mechancial Engineer- Propulsion Systems Engineer develops the detail design of light weight gas turbine-based marine propulsion systems. The propulsion engineer writes system and component specifications, develops general and detailed system layouts, performs analysis of propulsion system components, and reviews supplier component developmental efforts. The propulsion systems engineer interfaces with customer technical representatives in support of technical reports and periodic reviews of the overall development progress.
- Develop detail design and integration of light-weight, gas turbine-based marine propulsion system components to including engines, gearboxes, shafting, propellers, and support systems.
- Oversee supplier development efforts and participate in supplier design reviews
- Review of engineering products such as drawings, specifications, test reports, and analyses for completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare technical reports for submittal to customer.
- Manage assigned tasks according to schedules and available resources.
- Present technical data and status to U.S. Navy personnel via written reports, oral presentations, and face-to-face discussions.
- Coordinate propulsion system interface requirements with other IPT leads.
- Identify and manage risks associated with the Propulsion IPT.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- 5 plus years of marine or aerospace propulsion system design experience or a Master's Degree with 3 years experience
- Experience with one or more 3-D CAD packages, SolidWorks is desirable.
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.