Overall scope and purpose of job is to perform warehousing tasks of receiving product, putting away product, picking product (filling orders), preparing product for shipment, general housekeeping, completing appropriate paperwork, operating equipment safely, and in some locations, loading trucks with product.
- Inspects, fills and stages orders in accurate, thorough and efficient manner in accordance with established Company standards and procedures
- Communicates shortages of merchandise through proper channels to ensure accurate billing
- Receives, stocks, and re-warehouses merchandise on a daily basis as requested by immediate supervisors
- Handles stock in a careful and safe manner; conscious of quality and eliminating damage.
- Practices and adheres to established safety rules and policies as well as established housekeeping standards. Performs equipment safety review. Reports any violations or hazards to management immediately.
- Operates assigned warehouse equipment in performing the functions of the job
- Keep warehouse, including inventory, neat and orderly
- Performs cycle count stock checks and location audits
- Participates in physical inventory
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent education and related experience
- Proficient math skills in unit of measurement and multiplication, division, addition, subtraction
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient at reading and writing in English
- Attentive to detail; accurate and thorough
- Ability to work safely, independently, fast, and efficiently
- Team worker willing to do what it takes to get the job done
Ability to lift, twist and carry up to 65 pounds and manipulate (pushing, pulling) up to 160 pounds of product. Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: bending, carrying, climbing, crouching, feeling, finger movement, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid work speed, speaking, reaching, repetitive motions, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, twisting, walking, and walking on irregular surfaces.
- One to two years previous warehouse/distribution experience preferred
- Previous Material Handling Equipment (MHE) experience required
- Previous Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred