Benefits and Compensation Specialist
The primary purpose of this job is to perform assignments in the administration of benefits and compensation programs. Respond/Resolve questions/problems related to health and welfare benefits and 401k plans, communicate with health insurance vendors regarding eligibility and other benefit issues; conduct benefit audits, analyze data, and handle benefit-related reporting and billing reconciliation. Maintain compensation and benefits records and files. Conduct or participate in compensation surveys, prepare position descriptions and evaluates jobs using established evaluation systems. Compiles and submits periodic reports as required. Serves as liaison with outside insurance carriers or other agencies relative to the compensation and benefits function. Checks the accuracy and completion of routine and complex employee claim forms, and processes them under the organizations various benefit plans, including, but not limited, to group insurance, basic and major medical coverage and other benefits.
- Administers various compensation and benefit programs, including, but not limited to health and welfare plans, retirement plans, interpreting policies/procedures, contracts, law and regulations; auditing and analyzing data, determining eligibility; assisting employees with enrollment throughout the year including annual enrollment administration
- Maintains files and records for various benefit and compensation related topics, meetings, etc.
- Conduct or participate in compensation survey, prepare position descriptions and evaluates jobs using established evaluations systems.
- Prevents escalation of complex customer service problems by utilizing expert benefits knowledge and customer service skills
- Assists with training regarding benefits changes, benefit-related communications including the update of guides, summary plan descriptions, etc.
- Reconciles all benefit billing and request associated payment
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
- Bachelor's degree BS/BA in Human Resources, Business, Finance or related field
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel (Advanced Excel skills)
- Strong vendor relationship skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) along with problem solving skills are essential
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- 2+ years of experience as a benefits/compensation analyst from either a corporate or benefits consulting environment preferred
- Previous experience in administration of defined benefit plans (health and welfare and pension), defined contribution plans and other employee benefits preferred
- Recent graduates and undergraduates will also be considered
- General knowledge of employee benefit plan documents, contracts, procedures, laws and regulations
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting compensation programs is a plus