- Inspects, fills and stages orders in accurate, thorough and efficient manner in accordance with established Company standards and procedures.
- Understands unit of measure.
- Inspects merchandise to include checking for shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
- Communicates shortages of merchandise through proper channels to ensure accurate billing.
- Receives, stocks, and re-warehouses merchandise on a daily basis as requested by immediate supervisors.
- Understands warehouse locator system.
- Prepares product for shipment to include packaging for safe shipping, plus labeling and marking.
- Uses tape rope sealing equipment and shrink film.
- Handles stock in a careful and safe manner; conscious of quality and eliminating damage.
- Practices and adheres to established safety rules and policies as well as established housekeeping standards.
- Performs equipment safety review.
- Reports any violations or hazards to management immediately.
- Operates assigned warehouse equipment in performing the functions of the job.
- Participates in annual inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent education and related experience
- Proficient math skills in unit of measurement and multiplication, division, addition, subtraction
- One to two years previous warehouse experience in distribution environment desirable
- Experience operating distribution warehouse material handling equipment (see below)
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the job
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail; accurate and thorough
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, stressful sales environment
- Excellent customer service skills (with will call customers, other company departments, etc.)
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Team worker willing to do what it takes to get the job done