Full-Time — San Francisco, CA
We believe passion and personality matter. As such, we need someone who can manage diverse, smart, and driven engineers while balancing personnel challenges with business requirements. A successful engineering manager will:
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management.
- Be an aggressive source of engineering talent and be comfortable closing candidates
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to the recognition of your engineers and not just yourself.
- Be responsible for the group’s technical strategy and road map - creating success metrics in close collaboration with other Engineering and Product Managers.
- Brings a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Works with tech leads and senior engineers to gather system requirements, gut checks new feature proposals and large system improvements.
- Has the technical capacity to partner with tech leads and is comfortable diving into the fray to help drive resolution in the case of bad incidents.
- Previously managed a team of 4-8 engineers with responsibility for distributed systems in production.
- Initiate cross-function collaboration with Reliability Engineering, Product and Design to develop high quality, focused products (and inspire your team to independently initiate this same collaboration).
- Seek diverse perspectives to drive bottom-up innovation and create buy-in from all technical stakeholders inside and outside the team.
- Ensure the team fully understands the goals and objectives of Twitter as a company and how their work fits into 'the bigger picture.'
Apply for this job
To check on an application you've submittedclick here.