Bendix King - Principal Electrical Engineer
Title: Bendix King - Principal Electrical Engineer
Now is an excellent opportunity to advance your career today! ThePrincipal Electrical Engineer – RF/GA Avionics role will allow you to showcase your talent in a dynamic start-up team environment.
Honeywell Aerospace is an $11B Strategic Business Group with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing and distributing advance electronic systems, products and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
Bendix King is a strategic business unit in Honeywell Aerospace. It is a global leader in the General Aviation (GA) industry. Its quality products, integrated system solutions and service make flying more comfortable, more secure and more productive in every corner of our world. You can find leading-edge Bendix King Technology in all of its current products in GA cockpits of the world. This position will be located in Albuquerque NM.
This position is responsible for the development and certification of Bendix King Products used in general aviation aircraft. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and testing of multi channel RF communication radios in addition to Mode S transponders.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Science/Electrical Engineering
- 10 years direct experience with full product development life cycle, Research and Development or Design Engineering including certifications of avionics product.
- Experience designing at least four of the following: RF Low Noise Amplifiers (LNA), RF Power Amplifiers, Frequency Synthesizers/PLL, VCOs, Mixers, demodulators, Discrete Transistor Design, RF Transceivers, Antenna Systems, Circulators, and AGC Circuits.
- Ability to clearly explain RF concepts; IP3, gain compression, I/Q balance, noise figure, Return Loss and power measurement.
- Understands RF functional blocks; amps, converters, PLL's, synthesized LO's, filters, RF detectors, AGC loops, direct conversion architecture, etc.
- Experience in the use of Signal Analyzer and Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, Vector Signal Analyzer, and various signal generators, waveform generation.
- Frequency Analysis Simulation Experience using tools such as ADS, HFSS or Eagle ware.
- Experience selecting, specifying, and ordering RF components.
- Possess working knowledge of microprocessor-based hardware design supporting Digital Signal Processing System for digital Modulation/Demodulation schemes.
- Broad Knowledge of Avionics Systems and interfaces including GA systems or domain expertise.
- Ability to communicate effectively (internally ) with all engineering disciplines, as well as with test services, production teams, and engineering leadership on both a project as well as with detailed technical level.
- Demonstrated ability to generate requirements and certification plans as applicable to the specific product/domain area.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of applying certification requirements to a product/airplane certification program.
- Direct application of avionics systems, software and hardware development processes and standards including ARP4754, DO-160G, D0-178B and DO-254.
- Master's degree in related field is a plus.
- A private pilot's license is highly desirable.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Interested in Honeywell but this isn't the right job for you? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up:http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx