VP, Engineering - ECC Americas
Title: VP, Engineering - ECC Americas
Location: MN-Golden Valley
Environmental and Combustion Controls (ECC) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). ECC provides integrated product solutions in heating and heating processes, ventilation, cooling and refrigeration, air purification, zoning, humidification, air conditioning, water controls and processes, electrical devices and systems, lighting and lighting control, switches, sensors and controllers. Our technologies are found in more than 150 million homes, 10 million buildings, and a multitude of commercial facilities around the world. Customers include original equipment manufacturers, commercial, homeowners, contractors, retail, trade building managers, consulting engineers and distributors.
We have an opportunity for a position ofVice president for Engineering, ECC Americas.
The VP for Engineering for Environmental and Combustion Controls (ECC) Americas, reporting to the global Vice President for ECC Engineering, is responsible for leading the ECC Americas Engineering team to meet customer needs, establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, clients and team members. Strong biases are desired for action, a high energy level, and ability to build interpersonal relationships across ECC.
The ECC business in the Americas represents roughly US $1.2 Billion in revenue. The business is managed by a leadership team of three Line of Business (LOB) leaders, each with full wall to wall P&L responsibility for their individual channel.
The ECC Americas Engineering organization consists of three major Engineering teams, each working for an LOB: Homes, Commercial Control Systems and Combustion Control. These engineering teams are in most cases split in multiple smaller engineering teams in different locations. The Engineering organization will be managed by a leadership team of one North American Engineering leader with three direct reports, each leading the engineering team for the assigned LOB.
The VP, Engineering for ECC Americas will have a very close relationship to the three Americas' Business Leaders, and has direct budget responsibility of approximately $60 million annually. This represents direct responsibility for a team of approximately 400 engineers and support staff throughout the Americas. There is a strong link with Honeywell global engineering development centers (GDC's), with a functional relationship of another 250 engineers based in Brno, Bangalore, Beijing, Shanghai and Tianjin.
This position is to be located in Golden Valley, Minnesota.
The ECC Americas Engineering Leader Is Responsible For
- Setting short and long range technology strategies to support the ECC Americas profitability and growth.
- Coordinating the Americas Engineering priorities in close cooperation with the Americas business leadership, determining and aligning implementation means (internal core capabilities, outsourced R&D, alliances, acquisitions) and managing team activities within allocated budgets.
- Staffing the Americas as well as international design teams for greatest business impact.
- Developing advanced technology and determining future system architectures.
- Co-managing Honeywell Technology Solutions (HTS) engineering resources in the Brno, Bangalore, Beijing, Shanghai and Tianjin Global Design Centers.
- Leading and hosting the NA Sub-PAC structure, which is the means to control project development and delivery thereof.
- Delivering programs involving electronic, mechanical, and software engineering disciplines from inception through production.
- Forming and leading multiple, concurrent product development teams while maintaining a sense of urgency.
- Driving a strong policy of on time delivery of projects, meeting base CTQ's.
- Facilitating the coordination and communication between the American and other regional engineering teams.
- Master's degree in Electronics or Computer Science Engineering or MBA.
- Consumer electronics industry experience.
- Demonstrated skills in successful cooperation in a business environment.
- Demonstrated cross-functional interaction: Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Quality, Finance and the Operations.
- Extensive knowledge of the Heating, Cooling and general HVAC controls markets and in-depth knowledge of engineering principles and their application to design and process problems.
- In depth understanding of SW - and Firmware development, Systems and Systems Architecture, as well as Electro-mechanical devices.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating, team facilitation, communication and project planning.
- Readiness for frequent international travel (25 %).
- Background in Six Sigma practices with Green or Black Belt certification is seen as beneficial.