Quality Inspector 2 or 3 (Tempe, AZ) (P)
Title: Quality Inspector 2 or 3 (Tempe, AZ) (P)
This position is part-time, on-call with no benefits.
Position responsibilities include: conducts tests, inspections, audits and validations to ensure process compliance with contract, Honeywell and HTSI requirements and specifications for design, engineering, products, equipment, maintenance and services. Validates that certification/calibration for operators and special processes is current. Conducts source inspections, evaluations and/or surveillance of vendors, suppliers and subcontractors. Uses and cares for inspection tools, measuring and test equipment. Conducts sampling inspections in accordance with approved plans and procedures. Participates in root-cause-analysis. Conducts follow-up audits to review the effectiveness of implemented corrective actions. Collects and uses statistical data for the monitoring and evaluation of trends. Provides training and tutoring to other inspection personnel. Participates in design reviews to ensure inclusion of quality requirements. Provides activity and status reports to management. Performs all other duties as assigned.
There are no relocation funds offered for this position.
Education And Experience Requirements
Quality Inspector 2:High school diploma or equivalent required plus 3 years of experience.
Quality Inspector 3: High school diploma or equivalent required plus 5 years of experience.
- Note Must successfully complete and pass a Skills Checklist, please see the attachment file to be completed located in this job posting.
- Full understanding of the quality system; understands quality processes.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret prints/drawings and other technical documents that describe the system and processes.
- Ability to use most inspection tools, measuring and test equipment.
- Trained in the use of TQ tools. Ability to read and understand policies, procedures and processes.
- Interacts with external and internal customers and senior management personnel.
- Must pass Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) test.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.