Trader / Senior Trader
Job Opening ID
PPL EnergyPlus is the successful energy marketing and trading subsidiary of PPL Corporation, a Fortune 500 energy company based in Allentown, Pa. We are part of a strong and stable Pennsylvania-based company with 90 years of experience in the energy business. PPL EnergyPlus has built a world-class team of energy experts and we continue to expand our business in competitive wholesale and retail energy markets. We're looking for motivated, energetic and customer-focused professionals to join our growing company. Visit us atwww.pplenergyplus.com/.
This position is responsible for the real time activity of PPL within the Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC) region. Duties include buying and selling wholesale energy and transmission, scheduling generation to meet delivery obligations and optimizing the use of owned resources while exploiting arbitrage opportunities in the market. Trader analyzes and reacts to current market and competitive conditions to ensure that PPL's commitments are satisfied in a profitable manner consistent with industry and company best practices.
This position is located in the Butte, Montana office and requires working 12-hour rotating shifts.
- Staff the 24/7 (all hours) real time desk on a rotating schedule.
- Arrange, monitor, schedule and document wholesale energy transactions.
- Monitor and schedule retail energy transactions.
- Procure transmission using OASIS systems.
- Develop and execute marketing and sales strategies necessary to meet the department mission and personal goals.
- Establish and build customer relationships and contacts.
- Represent PPL’s wholesale marketing effort at industry conferences, meetings and other forums.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications to receive consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 yrs. trading experience OR HS/Associate Degree with at least 6 yrs. trading experience.
- Applied energy experience in the Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC region.
- Extensive knowledge of generation, ISO markets operation, internal controls, energy accounting and regulations affecting wholesale transactions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Be a pro-active self-starter who aggressively seeks new market opportunities.
- Have a strong teamwork spirit to “pitch in” to accomplish organizational values.
- Be able to commit to an action based on logical assumptions and factual information taking into consideration resources, constraints, and organizational values.
- Ability to generate creative solutions to achieve goals.
- Ability to deal effectively with other marketing entities.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office products and other PC applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PPL is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace - M/F/D/V
How To Apply
- Click on Apply Now button
- Upload a new resume or select one you previously uploaded, or cut and paste a resume from a Word document
- Complete the online application.
- Click the Submit button
NOTE: Once you submit your online response, you cannot go back and edit your online response or resume, nor can you re-submit for the same vacancy.