Marketing Sales Representative - Vermont
Title: Marketing Sales Representative - Vermont
Location: United States-Vermont-Colchester
Other Locations: null
Our people make Progressive a successful, forward-moving organization. We continuously revolutionize the insurance industry with our innovative services and use of technology. At Progressive, you will have extensive career path opportunities and the chance to work in a diverse, dynamic atmosphere. Come join a team of enthusiastic people who change the insurance industry one big idea at a time.
Marketing Sales Representative
As a Marketing Sales Representative you will partner with independent agencies, developing strategic relationships and helping them create, build and further their Progressive book of business within their territory. You will spend most of your week visiting agencies and influencing them to market Progressive, and even help them with those marketing strategies. Selling primarily to existing accounts, you will spend more time with account planning and less time in waiting rooms or on the road. We know our Marketing Sales Representatives are key to our success, and so provide them with a company vehicle, cell phone, laptop and company card to help them achieve their goals.
Territory includes the state of Vermont and surrounding communities. Candidates must be able to travel to and meet with all agencies within this territory.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- 2 years of prior business to business sales experience
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, as well as listening and interviewing
- Valid state driver's license
- Ability to work independently; self-starter
- Meets the qualifications in Progressive's Fleet Policy at time of hire and throughout employment
- Attendance in Basic Sales Training classes
- P&C license or insurance specific certifications
- Gainshare bonus (Gainshare is a bonus program given to all employees based on company profitability)
- 401k plan
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career advancement
- Award winning, supportive environment with Employee Resource Groups
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Employee discounts
- Child care subsidy
How To Apply
Progressive is a place where you are celebrated for the person you are, the ideas you bring and the energy you invest. Apply now and find out what it's like to be a part of this exceptional group of collegial individuals. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Advisor Group will be in touch if you are under consideration and moving forward in the process. As part of our hiring process, candidates must pass a comprehensive background check. Some positions require licensing, which will impact background check requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer.