Share this job on Twitter!
Job Code :18285
Division :Peterson CAT
Location :Eugene OR US 97403
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Category :Building Construction/Skilled Trades,Installation/Maintenance/Repair
Peterson Machinery has an immediate opening for a Field Service Technician in Eugene. Reporting to Field Service Supervisor, performs service activities at job sites and customer locations for customer and/or sales and rental fleet equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including but not limited to the following:
- Analyze and diagnose equipment malfunctions.
- Repair, replace or rebuild engines, transmissions, fuel systems, final drives, steering. clutches, cross-shafts, hydraulic components including pumps, motors, valves, and all related components, electrical and air systems.
- Write service reports that accurately document diagnosis and repairs performed.
- Prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner to enable other employees to do their job in a timely manner.
- Ensure assigned company vehicle maintains a clean professional appearance and is in proper working order.
- Perform assigned tasks in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Follow manufacturer and company service guidelines and procedures to ensure quality work and to preserve and document component failure information for accurate failure analysis.
- Project a positive professional image with customers.
- Develop and maintain a strong customer service relationship with all customer contacts.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree in a related field and five (5) years Caterpillar mechanical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Commercial Driver’s License and current Medical Certificate; maintain clean driving record
- Ability to troubleshoot / diagnose and repair heavy equipment failure
- Ability to become Lift truck operator certified
- Maintain a tool inventory sufficient to perform assigned tasks
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions subject to heat, cold, noise, dust, etc.
- Ability to work overtime, including evenings and weekends as workload requires.
- Physical requirements include lifting 50 pounds, standing, bending, and walking.