Field / Shop Service Technician
id="tms_job_18556">Field / Shop Service Technician
Share this job on Twitter!
Job Code :18556
Division :Peterson CAT
Location :North Bend OR US 97459
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Peterson Machinery has immediate opening for Field / Shop Service Technician at North Bend store. Reporting to Product Support Manager, successful candidate will provide maintenance and repair to heavy equipment and related components in shop and field work environments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair all brands of heavy equipment and components used in heavy equipment industry
- Repair CAT and other model engines, electrical, and fuel and hydraulic systems
- Perform welding and machining repairs
- Operate overhead cranes, hoists, power tools, and other equipment in a safe manner
- Write service reports, time cards, and other service-related paperwork accurately
- Use email, Internet, and Intranet to send and receive company information
- Operate commercial field service truck safely
- Attend training classes and departmental meetings as scheduled
- Maintain clean and safe work area; work without direct supervision at times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess AAS in Diesel Technology and 5 to 6 years technical experience in diesel heavy equipment repair, including welding and fabrication, electrical and hydraulic repairs to CAT and other makes and models of heavy equipment, or equivalent combination of education and experience (Education and experience must meet or exceed position requirements to be considered)
- Ability to diagnose and repair CAT and other model heavy equipment in shop and field environments, including willingness and ability to work adverse weather conditions
- Ability to work overtime as workload and customer needs require
- Possess valid commercial driver's license and clear driving record; ability to become DOT-certified
- Ability to operate commercial field service truck over 26,000 pounds; ability to operate ancillary truck tooling
- Physical requirements include ability to lift 50 pounds, standing, walking, and bending
- Possess basic computer knowledge and ability to use service-related software required
- Excellent attendance, punctuality, and safe work habits are required
- Attention to detail, communication, customer service, and quality workmanship essential
- Maintain tool inventory necessary to perform essential duties