Packaging Operator (Vermont)
With over $2 billion in sales and more than 7,000 people working around the world, Perrigo is the leading global healthcare supplier. We develop, manufacture, package and distribute over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, active pharmaceutical ingredients and consumer products. We're the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market.
PBM Nutritionals, a division of the Perrigo Company, is the world's largest producer of private label infant formula. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Packaging Operator to join our team in Vermont. Qualified candidates must be able to work a night shift position, requiring occassional weekend coverage and be flexible for periodic overtime as necessary. Our facility is in production on a 24/7 schedule and requires dedicated, safety conscious, motivated and positive minded team members to keep equipment operational on a continual basis.
Controls and monitors automated equipment in the Packaging Department. Maintains necessary documentation for each position assigned. Performs mechanical repair, equipment set up, preventative maintenance, and equipment changeovers. Performs required quality checks as outlined in job specific Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures. Performs Packaging Transport System Cleaning (excluding Filler) as required. Must demonstrate the ability to cross-train on all equipment within the Packaging Department and to maintain competence on all equipment trained on.
- Efficiently operates Depalletizer, Scoopdropper, Inserter/Overcapper. Independently troubleshoots minor equipment malfunctions. Identifies and recommends improvements to the process.
- Actively participate in making changeover adjustments to all packaging line equipment.
- Assists Packaging Mechanics with preventative maintenance programs to ensure all equipment stays in as new” condition.
- Performs necessary quality checks as directed by applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of the packaging process as directed by applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Performs Transport System cleaning as directed by applicable Standard Operating and Work Instructions.
- General Housekeeping: Performs daily sanitation in department without direct supervision. Maintains work area in accordance with GMP requirements.
High School diploma or equivalent. Previous experience working in a manufacturing facility. Candidates must be flexible to work overtime as necessary.
Position Physical Requirements