The Operations Manager schedules, directs and assists field personnel in providing quality, cost effective customer service to clients. The OM is responsible for supporting the Branch Manager by managing resources, leading teams, estimating time and materials, budgeting, sales and providing excellent client relations and retention. This position is primarily centered on the management of work order services (construction, enhancement and repair type of projects).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring job sites quality and appearance meet client and company standards.
- Responsible for understanding client needs and ongoing communication with clients.
- Manage all activities involving landscape maintenance services, including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment and subcontractors required to produce a quality job.
- Inspect properties prior to scheduled service in order to properly prepare specific action plan for service.
- Effectively monitor irrigations systems, identify problems or necessary repairs, and communicate recommendations to the appropriate party.
- Effectively monitor plant and turf grass vigor and identify insect or disease problems.
- Perform hands on work with crews as needed to meet work and scheduling demands.
Employee and Safety Management:
- Hire new employees as needed.
- Understand new hire paperwork process and ensure accurate completion of all required items.
- Communicate with, counsel, train, discipline, develop, and review employees.
- Provide hands on training and support of crew personnel in areas such as proper operation of equipment, pruning techniques, safety, and quality standards.
- Prepare crews daily schedules, providing direction and goals to be accomplished, and emphasizing quality and efficiency of operations.
- Monitor safety record of crews and minimize accidents to personnel and equipment.
- Keep emergency contact information up to date and available.
- Ensure crews are appropriately attired and groomed.
Administrative & Financial:
- Manage and maintain all administrative and record keeping systems required including time sheets, gantt charts, weekly schedules, and work order schedules.
- Orders materials needed for job and monitor costs and deliveries.
- Request purchase order prior to purchasing and use in accordance with company guidelines.
- Responsible for proper upkeep and maintenance, storage, use, and training required for branch equipment.
- Implement and enforce policies and procedures as issued by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Complete knowledge of branch office functions, geographic responsibilities and customer assignments.
- Proficient use of all landscape equipment.
- Solid knowledge of plant material, diseases and insects, chemical spray and irrigation.
- Basic math capabilities, including standard units of measure, basic math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and the ability to determine square footage of property.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities and work with minimal supervision in a rapidly changing environment while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service to managers and employees.
- Ability to work with production teams and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Education And/or Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on field experience with one year of prior supervisory experience and/or
- Minimum education of a two or four year degree in a landscape related degree, general degree with coursework inthe landscape field or certification by a landscape association.
We offer competitive salaries and outstanding benefits! Our benefits package includes: fully-vested matching 401k program, annual bonus, medical/dental/vision coverage, short and long-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, and an ongoing focus on employee training & development.
If you are interested in joining our fun, hard-working team and being a significant part of BRICKMAN'S continued success, please contact us today!
Spanish is a plus ~ Drug free workplace