Math, Science, and Elementary Tutors Needed
•What we do:
•Current High Need Areas:
- Currently looking for tutors in a variety of subjects. However, the most needed areas include upper levels of math, science (chemistry and physics), and SAT prep.
We Have A Specific Need Forthe Following Tutors
- Elementary Reading and Mathin Ashburn
- Upper level math and science needed in multiple locations throughout northern Virginia.
Other applicants considered based on high need areas throughout the2012-13 school year.
•What We Are Looking For:
Experienced tutors who enjoy sharing their knowledge with their students.
- Reliability and Commitment: Most students stay with the same tutor during the entire school year so we are looking for people that are able to make a commitment throughout the 2012-2013 school year.
- Love of Teaching: Enthusiastic tutors that are able to effectively break down difficult concepts in a way that is meaningful to students.
- Knowledge: Solid background knowledge in preferred subject matter
- Personality: Personable and fun-loving people that get along with a variety of other personality types.
- At minimum, tutors must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior tutoring/teaching experience is preferred.
- Ability to modify instruction to fit individual students' learning styles.
- Reliable transportation (no metro please)
- Tutors usually meet in the students' homes or another mutually convenient location, such as a public library or coffee shop.
- We currently have students in all areas of northern Virginia including Prince William County, Loudoun County, and Fairfax County, as well as DC.
- You decide where you would like to tutor (most tutors stay within 5-10 miles of where they live and/or work).
- Tutoring is usually done on weekday afternoons/evenings and weekends.
- You set your own schedule so you can decide what days and times you would like to tutor.
Please Complete BOTH Of The Following Steps To Start The Application Process
Please complete BOTH of the following steps to start the application process
- Please call (641)715-3900 ext. 60729# anytime of day to answer 3 preliminary questions.
- Complete the “Become A Tutor” form at http://www.tri-edtutoring.com/become_a_tutor.html