Team In Training Coach
Team In Training Coach
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Team In Training Coach
404 BNA Drive Ste 102
Nashville, TN 37216
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TNT) Program is the largest sports endurance training program in the nation. This year alone, Team In Training will train 30,000 people to complete an endurance event, while helping to find a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease or myeloma. The position of Team In Training Coach is a contracted seasonal consultant position that provides coaching services to triathlon participants, while they raise funds for LLS.
- Develop weekly training schedules for participants at each level: beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
- Coordinate and/or lead all weekly team training events, including:
- Choose training courses and secure permits as necessary.
- Provide clear route maps to all participants and mark the course as needed.
- Establish water stop locations at appropriate intervals with a minimum of one station every four miles.
- Begin each session with appropriate warm-up exercises, stretching and announcements.
- Ensure that all participants are supported throughout each training session and finish safely.
- Provide an emergency plan at all training sessions and communicate this plan to the participants prior to the ride.
- Recruit speakers for training clinics to be held in conjunction with weekly team meetings.
- Write at least one brief article for the Team In Training newsletter per season.
- Be available during the week, by phone or by email, to answer training-related questions.
- Attend seasonal ? marthon/marathon/triathlon/century ride, assisting staff, as necessary, during event weekend and ensuring all team members finish the event safely and are accounted for at end of day. Cycling coaches are expected to walk/run/ride in the event to support participants only, not to race themselves.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Experienced athlete
- Commitment to the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Works well with people of all athletic abilities
- Friendly, outgoing, and energetic personality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous Team In Training experience is preferred, but not required