Gensler is one of the world’s leading architecture, design and planning firms, with staff in locations around the world. No Client is too small or too large. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
As a result of a growing, diverse client base, GenslerCharlotteis seeking an experienced interior designer with a strong background in FF&Eand Corporate Interiors. At Gensler, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
- Collaborate on Corporate Workplace oriented interiors projects, including programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, and design development.
- Collaborate and participate in selection of furniture, fabrics, equipment, lighting and specifications.
- Produce millwork/furniture drawings and details, which meet various and specific program requirements while also representing an overall design concept.
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
- Provide project team coordination for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
- Work with consultants, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples, when necessary
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
- 8+ years of related experience as an interior designer with a strong background in corporate interiors
- Strong knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color selections and material selections and specifications
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple projects in various stages of development
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
- Ability to work with a large project team, across multiple offices
- Knowledge of life safety codes and requirements
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and client relationship management skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and SketchUp preferred
- Revit skills are highly valued
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer