Sr Thermal Process Specialist
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Job Summary Primary technical resource for assigned facilities to help develop, implement, monitor and continuously improve thermal processing systems. Ensure facilities operate in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements. Support corporate Product and Packaging Development, Innovation and plant initiatives.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of thermal processing for compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate data generated during temperature distribution and heat penetration studies through the use of related computer software.
- Evaluate process deviations and product spoilage associated with thermally processed products.
- Develop and participate in the Retort Operator Training Program.
- Develop process metrics to anticipate potential problems and recognize existing problems that could affect product safety and quality.
- Support plant management through regulatory audits, plant inspector challenges and other thermal processing issues.
- Assess NRs with plant management as necessary prior to registering appeals.
- Support plant trial and commercialization CQV (Cetification, Qualification, Validation) process for R&D and plant initiatives.
- Minimum of 5 years of food industrial experience in thermal processing required.
- Understanding of food manufacturing processes and food safety.
- Proficient in Calsoft and MicroSoft Office
- Proven relationship and team building skills.
- May travel up to 40% of time. Must be able to travel independently and as a responsible ConAgra Foods representative.
Incumbent Must Have The Ability To Effectively Perform All Of The Following Physical Demands Without Assistance
Incumbent must have the ability to effectively perform all of the following physical demands without assistance
- Standing for up to 6 hours a day performing tests in a pilot plant or plant (may be wet) environment.