Financial Development Program
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Eligible for Relocation Assistance Yes
Job Summary Become an Associate Financial Analyst in the Financial Development Program. The Financial Development Program is designed to provide an exceptional foundation for a career in ConAgra Foods Finance/Accounting, with broad exposure to the organization via three one-year rotational assignments (3 year program).
In addition to the rotational assignments, each member of the Financial Development Program will complete a robust three-year learning plan designed to build business acumen, accounting/finance technical skills, and leadership/management skills. This learning plan will be completed via quarterly participation in a series of group sessions and individual learning opportunities.
During the three year program, rotational assignments will include an assignment in three different functional tracks which could include: Financial Planning & Analysis, Marketing/Sales Finance, Supply Chain Finance and corporate functions such as Internal Audit, Tax and Treasury.
Rotational assignments will be located in key ConAgra Foods, Inc. locations which could include Omaha, Nebraska, Naperville, Illinois and Kennewick, Washington.
- Assist in preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Create and maintain/update monthly accounting schedules to assist in monthly account reconciliation process.
- Assist in the execution of moderately complex financial and operational audits
- Offer value-added recommendations to management to improve the business processes affecting the achievement of operating, financial and compliance objectives.
- Prepare federal and state income, franchise and non-income tax returns, quarterly tax estimates, and FAS 109 analysis.
- Assist with all tax issues including audits, computer systems, incentive programs, tax planning projects, internal controls and procedures as required under Sarbanes-Oxley 404.
- Manage the posting process for all daily cash management flows and bank transmission interfaces.
- Assist the primary cash desk activities during the wire and ACH release process.
- Work with cross-functional Procurement team on assessing various raw materials (ingredients, packaging, etc.) prices.
- Analyze and summarize variances between actual results, current estimate, plan and prior year
- Work with cross-functional logistics team in evaluating expenses.
Business Analysis Track: This track will provide true business partnering experience within one of our business units - Consumer (branded business) or Commercial (food and ingredients). Work assignments may include the following focus areas:
Financial Planning & Analysis/Reporting
- Perform post promotional analysis by analyzing the define Return on Marketing Investment associated with promotion.
- Analyze and summarize monthly variances between actual results, current estimate, plan, and prior year.
- Work with cross functional teams comprised of Marketing, Research, Quality and Innovation, Engineering, Packaging and Sales.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- A talent for looking at fine details as well as the big picture