Principal Process Engineer
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Eligible for Relocation Assistance Yes
Job Summary Seen as an engineering expert and resource across the organization.
- Reviews product and processing requirements to determine and design collaboratively an optimized technical and business solution for projects that require capital investment.
- Continuous improvement mindset - Recommends and implements improvements, modifications or additions which will enhance the Engineering work streams.
- Schedules and coordinates major segments of complex projects to meet cost and time objectives.
- Works with Platform engineering leadership to develop annual and 3 year capital plans by recommending processing systems improvements and solutions that are proven in both concept and performance.
- Technology assessment and recommended solutions reflecting plant, ConAgra, and industry best-in-class practices
- Infrastructure requirements and needs assessment
- Work with the Engineering Project Manager to determine a design schedule that meets that overall project schedule requirements.
- Identification of Alternatives, Pre-requisites, Risks, and Opportunities
- Reviews Technical Briefs providing technical guidance to project team
- Keeps current with latest food processing technology and commercial applications.
- Provides technical and economic feasibility to other groups within the Company that are focused on improvements to the current sate and developing competitive advantages against ConAgra's peer set.
- BS or MS degree in Chemical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Food Engineering, or Agricultural Engineering
- Plant operations experience a plus.
- Excellent leadership qualities, verbal and written communication skills, and technical analysis and problem solving skills are required.
- Proven effectiveness in working collaboratively within a matrix organization.
- This individual will travel on average 35%.