LAN Territory Account Manager
Job Title: LAN Territory Account Manager
Requisition #: 7488
Function: Federal Sales
Country: United States
Up to 25%
Position Type: Employee
Position Level: Professional
The LAN Territory Account Manager (LAN TAM) will be to drive the overall sales revenue in a defined territory (geography or list of accounts), while increasing Brocade’s strategic value for specific products and solutions. The ideal profile for this candidate is an individual who has at least 5 years of selling experience in the Federal market place. This individual should have a strong history of a proven track record of consistent sales success in developing and maintaining large territories, success being defined by Q/Q as well as Y/Y meeting and exceeding their sales plans.
A strong background and acumen in developing new sales opportunities within a “green” field territory as well as maintaining longer term account/ territory management. Additionally some of the SAN Enterprise reps will have a strong history and background of working closely with partners to develop a Brocade differentiated position.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities • Build and/or develop comprehensive sales initiatives within a stated geography or list of predefined named accounts. Territory development will include working with channel and other OEM partners to ensure a tight customer engagement model.
• Build and maintain high level executive relationships with End User Accounts and or OEMs to increase Brocade visibility and drive business solutions.
• Become the "Point Person" within assigned accounts and/or territory to drive revenue across Brocade product segments with Brocade resources available (i.e., SEs, TSRs, TSEs and Engagement Managers).
• Build cross-functional relationships within Brocade to ensure timely and accurate forecasting.
• Provide an ongoing ‘feel’ about the partners’ business and consequently Brocade’s business as well as an ongoing ‘feel’ about the actions of competition in the given territory to management
• Identify opportunities for new business, expansion into untapped markets and communicate resource needs to address these opportunities to the RSD or the Partner Sales Director
• Other tasks will include territory plan reviews, weekly forecasting reviews, and quarterly sales review with the sales management team. Being a Brocade "Diplomat" will be key in promoting and articulately value among End Users, Business Partners and set the precedence as the leader in the SAN and Data Management market today.
• The LAN Territory Account Manager opportunity is ideal for those with exceptional influencing skills, ability to communicate on all levels and exude a positive attitude and high energy to achieve maximum results.
Education And Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent work experience
• 8 - 10 years in outside sales
• 2 years with End User sales experience and proven sales track record in a competitive environment.
• Must have excellent people skills/influencing ability and effective in sustain business relationships.
• Overnight Travel may be required.
• Frequent use of mouse and keyboard
• Frequent phone usage
• Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds
Brocade is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.