Optical Engineer 2
Title: Optical Engineer 2
Location: United States-Connecticut-East Hartford
Other Locations: null
AOA Xinetics (AOX), a Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) strategic business unit, is currently seeking an Optical Engineer 2 at our East Hartford, CT location. This Engineer must have a basic understanding of Optical Engineering principle, theories, and concepts. Responsibilities include designing, modeling, analyzing, and testing optical and electro-optical systems and components, including sensors, lasers, fiber-optics, and telecommunications products. S/He will provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned; establish test setups, conduct testing and report data as required; and coordinate with Purchasing to expedite the delivery of system components. The successful Optical Engineer 2 must work well under general supervision, with work being reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.
- BS in Optical Engineering or Physics;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in technical field;
- Hands-on skills for assembly and testing of designs;
- Must possess good written communication skills to document work performed;
- US Citizenship is a bona fide requirement as applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Current TS clearance;
- MS in Optical Engineering or Physics.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.