Electronic Technician - Canton, OH
Title: Electronic Technician - Canton, OH
Other Locations: null
Performance Technologies, an affiliate of Chesapeake Oilfield Services, is seeking Electronic Technicians to maintain and troubleshoot electronic equipment and computers used in hydraulic stimulation operations both at the facility, on location, and at manufacturers locations.
In addition, the Electronics Technician would be responsible for the following:
- Prioritize, schedule and complete incoming work requests while providing a safe work environment and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Perform scheduled and proactive maintenance on fracturing equipment to ensure a high level of operation.
- Compile information for walk through assessments to proactively resolve any issues in order to maintain world-class facilities.
- Coordinate needed repairs, manage component replacement, and work with inventory specialist to have inventory of components on hand.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand and power tools then reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that equipment continues to run smoothly, electronic components and systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of equipment does not deteriorate.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components.
- Diagnose electronic problems and determine how to correct them, checking wiring schematics, repair manuals, and part catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Test equipment at OEM facilities prior to dispatch to the field ensuring all equipment meets PTL specifications.
- Document all testing of electronic equipment for each repair or new build piece of equipment.
- Work on 24 hour call basis.
- Will be required to travel of field locations and other districts as required.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, city, state and federal guidelines.
- Other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of electronic equipment and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and specifications to maintain standardization of fracturing equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Determine causes of operating errors and provide recommendations for corrective procedures.
- Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Knowledge of hydraulic or hydraulic applications as controlled by electronic components and systems.
- Knowledge of equipment functionality and control systems.
- Good written and verbal English communications skills.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Valid state-issued US Drivers License
- High school diploma or GED
- One to three years of work-related experience