Superintendent - NC
355">Superintendent - NC
Share this job on Twitter!
Job Code :355
Location :Charlotte NC US 28217
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
High School or equivalent
Skill :Construction ->Superintendent
Category :Construction, Mining and Trades
The foundation of Adolfson & Peterson Construction is our people. We are looking for a client-focused construction professional with talent, initiative and drive to join our Atlantic region. This role is exciting, fast-paced and offers the opportunity not only to work for an industry leader, but also to be a key part of a fast-growing team and have a direct impact on driving our business. If you are looking for an exceptional opportunity with a company that offers national career experiences with local focus and commitment, A&P may be the place for you.
We have an excellent opportunity available within our Atlantic region, located in Charlotte, NC for the right candidate to become our newest Superintendent overseeing K-12, Higher Education and Healthcare construction projects. The Superintendent position will manage and control assigned projects, including oversight of field operations, site safety, schedule, QA/QC program, trade contractor and supplier coordination and work in conjunction with the Project Manager leading the project team. The Superintendent reports directly to the Director of Field Operations.
The ideal candidate must have industrial experience and be willing to travel to another job location or region as determined by the needs of our business.
Please provide project listing of past experience, listing owner, architect, project name, contract value, start/completion date, and market (K-12, higher education, correctional, healthcare, multi-family housing, etc.) when submitting resume.
- Minimum High School diploma required. Degree from vocational school or college preferred.
- 5+ years related experience or equivalent role, and Industrial construction experience required.
- Familiarity with construction management software (Prolog, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel, Sure Trak, AutoCad, Revit).
- Proficient in understanding building plans and specifications, with the ability to produce own schedules; Value engineering and life cycle costing.
- Proficient in the utilization of Total Station preferred.
- Developed knowledge of Safety standards and enforcement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful and lasting relationships.
- High energy and self-motivated with a demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and consistently meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm, focused and effective under time pressure situations.