Security Vehicle Patrol Officer
Love to drive? Love working in Security? You can do BOTH at Universal!Join a company where your efforts are appreciated! Work for a company that values and rewards your stellar customer service skills, security industry knowledge, and experience.
Universal Protection Service proudly supports the 100,000 Jobs Mission, a group of leading U.S. companies whose goal is to collectively hire 100,000 transitioning service members and military veterans by 2020
We are currently recruiting Flex/Utility officers with outstanding flexibility to work at numerous locations and patrol routes managed out of ourDenveroffice.
In order to operate the Security Vehicle, the candidate must be age 25
The successful candidates must also have outstanding flexibility in scheduling
The successful SecurityFlex/Utility Officercandidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Driving and foot patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
- Report suspicious activities and persons
- Write detailed narrative reports, maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
- Respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
- Access control through an admittance process
- Screen visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite or bar their admittance to the site or facility
- Check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, and security violations
Qualified Security Rover Applicants Will Meet The Following Criteria
- Must have open availability and a strong sense of urgency
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to obtain a Guard Licence prior to employment.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical And Mental Functions
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may required computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Apply online now, or apply at our Denver Branch Office. We have computer kiosks set up for your convenience and Drop-Ins are welcome Mondays through Fridays 8am-3pm
1642 South Parker Rd. Suite #300
Denver CO 80231