Caregiver / Live In
The Caregiver / Personal Support Worker is a member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the client’s needs. The personal support worker is responsible for observing clients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. The Caregiver / Personal Support Worker will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a client’s care.
• Provide client care as directed by the Director of Nursing or registered nurse supervisor.
• Provide personal care:
Measure and record height and weight
• Follow principles of infection control and Universal Precautions.
• Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities.
• Provide transport to doctor appointments, outside activities and shopping.
• Participates in client teaching according to the client’s plan of care.
• Assist in providing a safe environment and promote quality patient care through adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
These Include But Are Not Limited To
• Ensure client’s rights are adhered to. These include but are not limited to
• Respond rapidly and appropriately in an emergency situation
• Use equipment properly and in a safe manner.
• Certification as a Caregiver / Personal Support Worker from a recognized community college or vocational school.
• Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience required.
• Certified in CPR
• Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
• Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with the organizations requirements.
• Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
• Empathy for the needs of the client
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to express spoken and/or written ideas in English
• Treats clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents appositive public image.
• Works as a team member
• Ensures confidentiality and security of the client’s medical information.