Cook/Dietary Aide - Olympia, WA
TITLE: Cook/Dietary Aide
- Assist in or prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations
- Assisting in the preparation and serving of food using portion control procedures
- Ensuring that food and supplies are available and assist in inventory and storing incoming food
- Assisting in the cleaning and sanitizing of work areas and utensils
Successful Cooks and Dietary Aides who want to make a difference in lives of our residents. In addition to being passionate about working with long-term care residents, you will need the following:
- High school diploma or GED indicating that associate has demonstrated reading, writing, and math skills as well as an ability to consistently follow oral written directions
- Must have basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company software
- Must be articulate and personable as well as be able to relate professionally and positively to residents, incoming visitors and associates at all levels.
- Prior kitchen experience preferable.
- Prior Long Term Care experience preferable.
Career Growth – Extendicare regularly promotes from within. Our employees regularly transfer facilities and grow into regional and corporate positions.
Support and Resources – Assistance and support is always available from the regional and corporate level to ensure your success.
Training – We invest in you! Training and continuing education are encouraged to promote skill development.
Great people are our greatest strength! APPLY now!