Sr. Financial Analyst
A Financial Analyst provides analysis and metrics for Finance core processes and is responsible for knowledge of all systems. The position will require the ability to design, develop, implement, and maintain databases to ensure process compliance requirements and efficiencies are met. The ability to query, analyze data, and map detailed processes coupled with analytical skills will enable the associate to draw clear and concise conclusions and identify improvement opportunities.
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs and metrics; collecting operational data.
- Working with manufacturing part numbers, process routings, Bill of Materials, and engineeringchanges.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends;recommending actions to management.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintains information systems by entering, verifying, and monitoring data.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analysis; studyingproposed changes in methods and materials.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating informationrequirements, and participating in monthly close process.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties that include but not limited to projects and tasks as assigned by manager
The above is intended to describe the general content of the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics and/or Accounting, with five (5) years of financial analytics experience required. And at least 5 years of business or operational experience preferred.
- MBA, CPA or CMA preferred
- Strong analytical skills, independent problem solving skills, product cost experience, and strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Quality program certification (Six Sigma, ISO, LEAN, etc.) preferred
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint required
Travel & overtime may be required. Increased occasions of the aforementioned expected during launch.
Detroit Thermal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.