Supplier Development Engineer
SUMMARY:Supplier Production System Development, supplier quality engineering, planning, development, coordination, monitoring, and support of supplier quality in accordance with ISO 16949, TKT-Presta Group, and customer specific requirements with the expectations of reducing quality costs attributed to poor supplier quality, successful program launches, and total customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:include the following. Other duties may be assigned. All identified duties and responsibilities are considered for NAFTA Region.
- Function as customer and Presta representative to suppliers in development and serial phase.
- Asesses supplier production systems, applies TK, ISO, AIAG and other standards and methods in order to develop improvement plans with suppliers
- Facilitate problem solving activities at suppliers
- Facilitate continuous improvement activities at suppliers.
- Conduct training at suppliers.
- Support of Program Quality, Serial Production Quality, Development Quality and Quality System.
- Performs audits at suppliers.
- Performs general housekeeping and 5S activities in work area/s.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure dutiesof self and others are performed in a safe manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. ISO/TS 16949, Cost of Quality, 6-Sigma, 8-D Analysis, Q-DAS, APQP, PSO, PPAP, Control Plan, FMEA, SAP, Applicable Operating System Software, and Specific Customer Requirements. Organizational and communication skills. Punctual, reliable, self-directed, and willing to travel, certified process auditor.
Education And/or Experience
- 4-Year Bachelor's Degree from college or university preferred.
- Experience in Quality Field preferred.
- Experience in Supplier Quality preferred.
Computer and Technology Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SAP Integrated Business software SAP - QM module. Use of Microsoft Office Suites software and Microsoft Explorer browser in a windows operating system. Use of Lotus Notes and AS - Stat.
This position is located in Terre Haute, Indiana. Applicants must be willing to relocate.