Automotive Diesel Technician
The Duties Of A Diesel Technician Include
- Conferring with customers or service advisors to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Examining vehicles to determine wear and extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Assisting the shop foreman/lead technician in recruiting and hiring qualified service technicians as well as assisting technicians with their skills, providing technical support when needed and monitoring performance and productivity.
- Testing and adjusting repaired systems to meet manufacturers' performance specifications.
- Ensuring that the shop is in excellent condition in regard to cleanliness, safety, and equipment condition, and conducting periodic spot checks to maintain high-quality service.
- Test-driving vehicles, and testing components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Must have previous diesel technician experience
- Valid Driver'sLicense