Our client, a leader in the pulp and paper industry, is seeking a Purchasing Manager to become a key part of the operations team located in a small town about 100 miles East of Shreveport, LA.
The Purchasing Manager will negotiate with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, equipment and services. This position manages approximately $330 million in purchase spending in the areas of goods and services. Leads and manages 4 buyers, stores supervisor and coordinator, and 2 purchasing coordinators.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Establishes Purchasing Policies and ensure compliance
- Evaluates suppliers focusing on lean or just-in-time inventories that prevent delays in the supply chain that could shut production down and cost customers and reputation
- Purchases raw materials, fabricated parts, machinery, and office supplies
- Examines bids and makes awards, negotiates and supervises supply contracts
- Ensures Investment Budget rules are followed and keeps track of all DAD's to ensure adherence to policy
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience with SAP is required.
- Eight to 10 years of purchasing experience
- Experience in the pulp and paper industry will be considered a plus but not required.
If interested send resume in MS Word format to careers @agroupnc.com Attention: Ray Bean. Reference number 12856 (RYB-C)