The job you requested, Linux Build Engineer, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
IT Systems Engineer - Linux
IT Engineer/Administrator responsible for supporting a distributing Linux and some Windows Engineering Computer Infrastructure. Day to day responsibilities include design and support of the IT infrastructure associated with the build tools. Responsible for maintaining servers, which includes new installs, upgrading, and rebuild of existing servers, as well as configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements. Duties also include installation of MS Security updates, Virus protection software, build tools upgrade/deployment. The person in this role will be responsible for developing/designing processes, standards, and integrating architected solutions into various environments as well as provide reporting on build server utilization and metrics to management.
Candidate will work with IT, automation teams, HW and SW developers to support daily operations of 1,000s of engineers developing complex digital hardware designs. Candidate will contribute to development of complex development environment across the world utilizing Git/Gerrit. The developer will contribute to the open source development of Git/Gerrit to further Qualcomms needs.
Other responsibilities include being part of a 24x7 on-call rotation.
Candidate Will Work With Multi-discipline IT Engineers To Support
Regional Mirror Management: sync issues, new sites, remote site support
PostgreSQL Database: regional replicas, cluster management
Production management: hardware installs and upgrades; networking (VIPs, VLANs); Cluster change management
Some experience w/ Development / QA Management: Git/Gerrit architecture, development. Contribute to open source.
Some Development Details: Tools, SCM and Unix server processes, hooks
Some experience Gerrit upgrades and process consultation a plus
Will Also Be Responsible For
- Manage day to day tasks and provide 3rd tier support
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Knowledge of SharePoint usage and Wiki documentation required
- Able to work independently but also a strong team player
- Able to create professional documentation and reporting
- Able to think strategically and conceptually while managing details
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter and team player
- 6+ years experience with IT systems technology, enterprise class environments, high-availability, hardware/software installation and configurations of UNIX/LINUX (Ubuntu, SUSE, RedHat) as well as Microsoft Server 2003, 2008 environments.
- Strong Linux troubleshooting skills, need to have proficient experience with different Windows and UNIX/LINUX utilities.
- Requires extensive administrative knowledge with MySQL, MS SQL
- Requires proficient knowledge with Web Servers like: IIS, Apache
- Requires understanding of fiber channel switches, SAN and NAS technologies.
- Requires experience with HP/Oracle/Cisco Enterprise level hardware and blade infrastructure
- Proficient scripting skills in Powershell, Perl, Python, vbscript, PHP, or shell
- Knowledge of Make scripting a plus
- Solid Troubleshooting skills of real time production environment along with deployment and support of newer systems
- Perform daily system monitoring and gather data/metrics for performance and data reporting trending
Bachelor's in Information Systems a plus..