Social Worker - Licensed Master Social Worker (MSW) - Regional Rehabilitation - PRN
The Rehab Case Manager/Social Worker provides intervention to department clients in compliance with hospital's desired level of involvement and intervention and in compliance with state and federal regulations. In addition, the rehab case manager/social worker will assist in the admission assessment functions, insurance case management and intake functions as prescribed by the program manager of the rehab unit.
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- Social work internship in an in-patient hospital setting preferred
- Experience in a health care setting is preferred with rehab experience a plus, must be able to provide competent services in an age appropriate manner to adult and geriatric patients. Age specific competency is measured by a variety of methods, which may include, but not be limited to self learning packets, review of age specific guidelines, direct observation, video, simulation, unit based class, policy and procedures or chart review.
- Good knowledge of the principles and practices of social work, good understanding of community health, welfare, and social agencies
- Must adhere to National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics
- Previous experience in a medical or health care setting
- Must be a licensed Social Worker or a Clinical Social Worker in SC, or obtain same within four months of hire date.
- Maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Job: Social Services
Organization: Springs Memorial Hospital
Employee Status: PRN
Shift: Day Shift - with rotation if needed