The job you requested, Admissions Representative (sales), is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Wiley is a global provider of content and content-enabled workflow solutions in the areas of scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly research; professional development; and education. Our core businesses produce journals, books, reference works, database services, subscription products, certification and training services and online applications, and education content and services, including integrated online teaching and learning resources for undergraduate and graduate students. The companys headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, Canada, South America, and the Middle East.
If you have the desire and skills to help us grow, along with a strong team and service orientation, then Wiley may be the place for you! We are currently seeking a Sales Representative to be an integral part of our Corporate Sales Team in our Wiley-Blackwell division.
The Sales Representative is responsible for promoting/selling article reprints to the pharmaceutical and medical device industries. As part of a small, tightly-knit team, this position manages an interdisciplinary portfolio of journal titles within North America. The Sales Rep will develop partnerships with prestigious medical society clients and collaborate with them to promote new content. Account management skills are important. The reprint sales rep will quote and close sales of conventional print reprints, electronic reprints, and electronic licenses for content use on mobile devices, coordinating production along the way. Creativity and the ability to develop strong customer/client relationships are a must. The reprint sales rep will work alongside Wiley colleagues in Advertising and Business Development to share market intelligence and propose new products tailored to the needs of our customers.
The Primary Responsibilities Of This Role Will Include
- Promote, quote and close reprint sales primarily through phone/email.
- Cultivate relationships with existing and potential customers, providing a high level of customer service.
- Develop an understanding of customer marketing needs and offer creative solutions to meet those needs.
- Develop knowledge base of assigned therapy areas including current products and new products slated for FDA approval.
- Collaborate with society partners to identify new leads and opportunities.
- Work with colleagues in production, editorial and marketing to stay abreast of journal activity and content.
- Collaborate with Corporate Sales colleagues as part of a global team.
- Visit customers on-site occasionally to deliver presentations about new products.
- Attend conferences and meetings when required
- Two or more years experience of client/account management or related capacity required; experience in healthcare, sales or publishing a strong plus.
- A four-year college degree, preferably in sales/marketing
- Must be a well-rounded business professional with excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation and listening).
- Must have strong persuasion/negotiation skills, with experience in consultative selling a strong plus.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with account management/client relations experience.
- Must be adept at communicating over the telephone as well as face-to-face to present ideas clearly and convincingly one-on-one or in a group setting.
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple opportunities simultaneously.
- Requires a high level of diplomacy with demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office required with Excel/PPT skills a plus.
- Must be travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time
John Wiley & Sons, Inc. is conveniently located in the center of Malden MA, near the Malden orange line T-station. Wiley offers a very generous and comprehensive benefits package, including 401K, medical, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, STD & LTD, a generous vacation and paid holiday schedule, a casual atmosphere, a convenient location, free office parking, T- subsidy and more.
To apply for this position please click here: