PMC Procurement/Expediting Manager
Key Targets And Objectives
- Lead and manage the procurement of materials and services for the construction and commissioning of the Stark County Plant to the satisfaction of the Owner. Primary emphasis on ensuring the business and project objectives are met.
- Provide safety leadership to the project team and support corporate safety initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a culture of Total Quality Management through all phases of procurement and project delivery.
- Participate and initiate where necessary improvements in business/project processes.
- Meet and better the targeted commercial returns for the project.
Prime Responsibilities And Duties
- Administers bidding process and contracts for vendor performance/compliance (e.g. prepare specifications, evaluate bids, recommend vendors, etc.) for the purpose of securing items and/or services within budget and in compliance with corporate and country regulations.
- Responsible for defining and executing special projects that pertain to sourcing, contracts and purchase of materials in response to requests from internal product lines
- Assists purchasing staff and vendors (e.g. ordering and purchasing procedures,
available funds, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and facilitating the
- Attends meetings as assigned (e.g. staff, vendors, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions
- Compiles data from a wide variety of sources (request for proposals, bids, invoices, purchase orders, etc.) for the purpose of analyzing issues, ensuring compliance with a variety of policies and procedures, and/or monitoring program components.
- Contacts vendors for the purpose of verifying information and/or responding to inquiries.
- Distributes information (e.g. purchase orders, vendor information, outstanding order log, etc.) for the purpose of providing reference documents for completing purchasing process.
- Evaluates documentation (e.g. requisitions, change orders, bids, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring proper use of funds in the acquisition of supplies, equipment and/or services.
- Maintains documents, files and records (e.g. bids, purchase orders, vender files,
etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Monitors purchase orders, contracts, bids and budgetary expenditures; expedites delivery for the purpose of ensuring accurate allocation of funds and/or adherence to fiscal regulations.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (memos, specifications, quotations, schedules, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Processes documents and materials (e.g. bids, incoming purchase requisitions, purchase orders, mail, etc.) for the purpose of distributing information and/or acquiring resources to support District’s operations in conformance with established guidelines.
- Researches a variety of items (e.g. contracts, suppliers, equipment and laws, regulations, etc.) for the purpose of recommending purchases, contracts and maintaining global services.
- Responds to inquiries for the purpose of resolving issues or referring to appropriate parties