The job you requested, Support Experience Program Manager, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Bilingual Family Support Counselor (vehicle required) - Exciting Community Based Program!
Seneca Family of Agencies serves Santa Clara County children in the Foster Care, Probation and Mental Health systems.
Founded on the principles of wraparound philosophy, it provides unconditional care that is family-centered, individualized, culturally competent, and strengths-based. This approach focuses on supporting children by enhancing their families' and communities' natural resources in an effort to help them live in the least restrictive, most family-like setting possible.
A Family Support Counselor provides behaviorally focused mental health services to children and families, particularly foster and probation youth. Counselors work with youth in their environments: assisting birth/foster parents with care and supervision, maintaining a close and supportive relationship with the child's educational placement, planning activities that encourage social development, and supporting the youth in getting access to community resources.
- San Jose
- Assist the birth/foster parents in all aspects of care and supervision of the child as needed
- Provide behaviorally focused mental health support services to clients and their families
- Plan and implement individual and group activities that encourage the child's social development
- Complete the necessary Medi-Cal/mental health notes, written in a legible, billable, and a timely manner
- Submit incident reports and other necessary documentation in a timely, complete, and legible manner
- Provide supervision for visits with birth family when necessary
- Maintain a close and supportive relationship with the child's educational placement that may include in-classroom support and tutorial assistance
- Participate in treatment reviews, program staff meetings, and IEP meetings when necessary
- A Bachelor's degree in a social service related field
- Bilingual Spanish/English or Vietnamese/English abilities required
- Own vehicle, California driver's license, and insurance
- Prefer at least 9 months experience in working with emotionally disturbed children in residential care and/or in the community
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekend days as needed
- Fingerprint and TB clearances
- Full Time
- Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday from 9:30am-6pm, with the ability to work occasional evening hours.
- $16.80 an hour with a Bachelor's degree (upon successfully completing the language proficiency exam)
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage and partially paid premiums for dependents
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Scholarship opportunities!
- Excellent training and supervision!