LPNs Needed - SIGN-ON BONUS
$500 Sign-On Bonus*
Licensed Practical Nurse- Full Time, Part Time, & Prn
- Rock County Jail
- Located in Janesville, WI
- FT: 32 hours/week
- PT: 22 hours/week
- PRN: As needed - All shifts & Weekends Available
- Competitive Pay & $500 Sign-On Bonus
- Professional Training for the Correctional Environment
- On call 24/7 support
- Rewarding and not repetitive
- MUST PASS STRINGENT BACKGROUND CHECK
- The Licensed Practical Nurse must comply with all current and future state, federal, and local laws and regulations.
- The nurse must be able to comply with court orders, medical department rules and the policies and procedures of Advanced Correctional Healthcare.
- Assess, plan, and deliver nursing care to detained and committed.
- Supervise other nursing and nursing paraprofessional personnel in patient care.
- Coordinate multiple medical services for diagnosis and treatment as directed by the physician.
- Maintain aseptic techniques and infection control precautions as required.
- Assist physician in minor medical or surgical procedures.
- Assist in screening of apparent emergencies for necessity and priority to be seen by the physician and conduct daily sick call screening.
- Check and change surgical dressings as required.
- Maintain working knowledge of pharmacology, including drug reaction/overdose.
- Maintain working knowledge of therapeutic diets and nutrition.
- Maintain working knowledge of social and behavioral sciences, particularly as applied to the correctional institutional setting.
- Be capable of giving CPR instructions and ability to take charge in a CPR emergency.
- Maintain the Problem Oriented Medical Record.
- Administer medications including IM injections upon physicians orders.
- Recommend improved procedures, equipment, and supplies to Supervisor.
- Participate in periodic quality of care and chart review.
- Notify supervisor and complete written report for any medical or security incidents.
- Present/participate in in-service education sessions.
- Maintain professional attitude at all times.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Strong assessment skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Clear and activeWisconsinLPN License
- CPR certification
- IV certification a plus
- Correctional experience a plus
- Must be able to pass background check
Advanced Correctional Healthcare
Equal Opportunity Employer
LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse, PRN, As needed, Part Time, PT, FT, Full Time