The job you requested, Pipe Stress Engineer, is no longer available. We have found a similar job.
Participate in the development and maintenance of the strategic plan for all water supply and wastewater treatment and disposal activities. Develop programs for and oversee the conduct of water supply exploration, treatment, water distribution system improvements, and wastewater collection, treatment and disposal. Make specific recommendations for capital projects to improve facilities and system operations. Provide technical assistance to management, operations, laboratory, and customer relations. Serve as Company representative on outside technical advisory committees and represent the Company in any regulatory proceedings.
- Direct the development of feasibility studies and cost analyses for system expansion to accommodate projected growth. These analyses would include alternative assessments for new sources of supply, treatment, storage and alternative assessments for wastewater collection, treatment, and reuse/recycle.
- Direct technical analyses of water transmission and distribution systems and wastewater collection systems to accommodate projected growth and correct system deficiencies.
- Direct studies to improve system quality to maintain compliance with drinking water standards and minimize customer complaints.
- Direct studies to improve wastewater treatment and recycling to ensure compliance with all disposal standards and minimize customer complaints.
- Oversee development of detailed design, specifications, contract documents, and permit applications. Oversee the construction of various water and wastewater utility plant improvements.
- Oversee development of capital projects and budget for Engineering Department to ensure timely delivery of facilities and services to meet customer needs.
- Oversee long-range supply and demand analyses for water and wastewater facilities.
- Act as Company liaison with DNREC, DPH, DRBC, SRBC on water and wastewater permitting and reporting.
- Provide expert testimony in all regulatory proceedings (PSC, DNREC, DPH, DRBC, SRBC).
- Provide technical assistance to Marketing in developing proposals, meeting with potential clients, etc., for new projects.
- Represent the Company on outside advisory committees and boards.
- Perform any and all appropriate functions as required.
Bachelor in Civil Engineering or equivalent, ten or more years of experience in water systems design and management, and Delaware Professional Engineer Registration. M.S. in Sanitary, Hydraulic Engineering or equivalent preferred. 4 year degree plus P.E. license.
Walking and climbing are required to perform fieldwork. The ability to manipulate a keyboard is required for preparing correspondence. Speaking, hearing, reading and writing are necessary to effectively communicate with staff and other departments along with the preparation of reports and testimony for the Public Service Commission. Visual acuity is required for analyzing data and figures and using personal computer. Responsibilities require advanced thought processes and learning abilities to permit the development of plans and courses of action from complex alternatives. Professional certification in engineering and using advanced levels of mathematical analysis and reasoning are required.
Requires the ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Working Conditions And Environment
Position requires activities to be performed in a climate-controlled office environment in addition to outside environmental conditions.
ARTESIAN IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS UNDER THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT.