Engineering Launch Manager
Our client, a leading suppler of injection molded products for the automotive industry, is hiring an Engineering Launch Manager for its office in west Charlotte, NC. The Launch Manager is responsible to lead the flawless launch of new programs (up to $3.0 M in tooling and equipment cost or approx. 40 molds only or three (3) utilizing existing customers) utilizing the APQP system within budget; be the recognized program leader both at the customer and internally for all issues prior to approval; ensure that the bill of materials are accurately loaded into the MRP system and all production items (i.e. packaging, colorant, etc) are identified and approved at cost targets prior to six weeks before SOP; utilize the PCN process to implement changes to BOM after initial loading and SOP; manage the feasibility reviews to insure dimensional accuracy can be achieved in production; provide sales team with the necessary information to manage within the Statement of Requirements (SOR) and eliminate cost creep; manage tooling and equipment suppliers to insure SOR is followed, molds / machines meet quality and cycle time standards, delivered on time and within budget; prepare and lead the team through the four APQP management gateways on time identifying risks with the proper significance; demonstrate each tool / equipment meets the targeted cycle time, scrap rate, part weight and uptime efficiency through three (3) official run-at-rate events; lead corrective actions to resolve any cycle time, scrap rate, part weight and uptime efficiency after SOP, if necessary; interface with both production and cost optimization projects to successfully implement improvements as workload permits and lead significant Engineering Changes after SOP, as workload permits.
• BS in Engineering or Plastics Technology
• 3 -5 years experience with tier 2 injection molding companies who supply the automotive industry. Must have managed from inception through delivery at least 4 launches of injection molded products
• Strong understanding of tooling and must have worked with tooling vendors
• Working theoretical knowledge in injection molding tooling and processing
• Computer literate with working knowledge of CAD systems (prefer Catia and ProE experience)
• 5% travel to Detroit and day trips to the companys manufacturing facility in central NC