Java Web Developer
Our direct global client seeks an experienced full life cycle Java developer to develop and support their proprietary people management systems used worldwide.This is a very challenging role and provide exciting opportunities to work with cutting edge technologies.
As a member of the Application Development and Support team, the person will be responsible for the development and support of web based and mobile applications. The role requires interaction and coordination with teams in different time zones. The individual needs to be self-motivated, flexible, and independent.
The individual would also play a critical role in providing 2nd Level application support for existing and new applications. The support will entail understanding, setup, maintenance, troubleshooting and performance tuning on all the applications.
- Develop new or existing internally developed applications including gathering requirements, analysis, software design and architecture, development, integration, testing and global deployment.
- Researching and acquiring knowhow of new technologies to create integrated applications for Windows as well as mobile platform using open source codebases, web services, Federated Search, SharePoint and other technologies.
- Creating code in Java and also at times may need to use C++ and C# code. The individual will be involved in the whole SDLC lifecycle.
- Understanding the currently under development business critical application and create requisite documentation, frameworks and processes which would be required in extending and supporting it.
- Incident management and escalation, problem management, communication with the offshore development team for any problems related to this application
- Improving upon the existing applications by code documentation, functional improvements and re-design / corresponding development
- Follow-up with clients as part of the customer care program, contribution to continuous enhancement of development and deployment processes, tools and communication
• Minimum 3 year Experience of J2EE application design and development
• Minimum 3 year Experience of Enterprise web development
• Extensive experience of web service design and implementation
• Good experience of UI design and implementation
• Good Exposure to Jquery ,XML, XSLT, HTML, CSS
• Knowledge of SQL Server and optimized SQL queries
• Sound knowledge of data structures and algorithms
• Experience of Bug tracking applications, such as JIRA,
• Experience of source control tools such as TFS, SVN
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills
• Fluent written and verbal English language skills
• The ability to work both independently and in project teams
• Aptitude and Flexibility to work on other technologies like .NET framework or C++
Good To Have
• Exposure to SharePoint Server 2010 is a big plus
• Experience of working with Open source codebases
• GWT (Google Web Toolkit) exposure
• Experience of Java for mobile devices
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or closely related technology area
- Work experience of 3+ years
Candidates must be able to legally work in the US.