Medical Device Product Design Engineer
My client, a major concern of mine, is looking for an ALL STAR medical device design engineer to become apart of their fast growing team! If you are motivated and feel the sky is the limit,I want to speak with you!The Design Engineer should haveshould have the ability towork on anumber of development projects, using appropriate experience and excellent skills. The main focus of current activities in the group is the development and manufacturing of drug delivery solutions for our customers, the leading pharmaceutical companies. The candidate is expected to be part of a team serving multiple customers. He/she will also contribute ideas/concepts for new products and services. This role requires considerable team work, leadership, and excellent project coordination and prioritization skills.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Design and develop innovative drug delivery solutions from concept to commercialization
- Being part of a small, dedicated, cross-functional development team
- Liaise and work with the customer and customer technical team to identify customer needs
- Translate customer requirements into product requirements
- Perform engineering analysis of designs Develop and
execute test protocols and document results
- Collaborate with the pharmaceutical scientist to ensure drug/device compatibility
- Collaborate with the manufacturing engineer to ensure design manufacturability and successful design transfer
- Identify and evaluate vendors to support product development
- File invention disclosure reports and support IP team in filing resulting patent applications
The candidate must have a degree in mechanical engineering, industrial design or related field (Bachelors required, advanced degrees a plus).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES: The candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic company environment with a focus on technical excellence, responsiveness to the
customer, and innovative thinking.
- Experience with mechanical and electro-mechanical systems
- Significant mechanical design experience including the development of new medical products
- Analytical skills experience (e.g. FEA, moldflow, GD&T, 1st principles)
- CAD design experience (e.g. SolidWorks)
- Knowledge of transfer to manufacturing, manufacturing processes, medical device regulations, FDA submissions, testing, planning
- Strong preference for candidates from pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry with experience in the development of combination of products
- Experience or willingness to work in a multi-skilled environment (possess cross-disciplinary skills or ability to grasp requisite skills outside of core skill-set)
- Ability to make independent decisions and successful track record of influencing key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, confident and capable in a customer facing role
- Demonstrate proactive and strategic thinking
- Strong oral and written skills
FOR MORE EXCITING JOBS LIKE THIS ONE PLEASE FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!