Sr Database Administrator With Poly
All positions have multiple NOVA locations.
This position requires an active "FS Poly" clearance to be considered.
This Is A Raytheon Applied Signal Technology Position
Raytheon Applied Signal Technology is a leading provider of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) products, systems, and services that protect and enhance global security. Our organization brings together world-class engineering talent, domain expertise, commercial technologies, and proven agile management approaches to create "site-to-sharing" solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their mission critical needs.
We offer exceptional benefits packages: Company benefits start on your first day of employment. Vision and dental are 100% company paid. AST offers employeesmultiple medical plans and as of 2012; depending on plan selection covers up to 90% of medical costs.AST gives a 5% gift into your 401k and a 5% employee contribution match; vested immediately; up to six (6) weeks of paid time off, in addition to 10 paid Holidays. AST offers a robust professional development program to our employees.
A Database Administrator's Responsibilities Include
- Maintenance of the database server and application
- Creating primary database storage structures
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary
- Database performance optimization
Implementation and troubleshooting of programming changes and modifications.
- BS, Computer Science
- Design, document and build physical database environments from table, column, index and view definitions to storage requirements and drive spacing and growth accommodations.
- Agile development methodology
Software engineering and database development skills.
Willingness to take on new challenges and environments.
Understanding and ability to work under established configuration management practices and policies.
Demonstrated ability to effectively plan workload and meet established deadlines.
Good interpersonal skills.
Good problem solving skills.
Life cycle process for software development, web applications, and implementation.
- DataStage ETL software
- Expertise in sizing, capacity planning, backup, and recovery planning with multi-terabyte data warehouse solutions in Oracle environments in Very Large-Scale Enterprise Class environments
- SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor and Explain Plan assessment, SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, functions and transactions analysis, understanding of indices and statistics (Query Optimizer) for Very Large-Scale databases
- Data models
- Database Benchmarking (Threshold Forecasting, Sizing, Capacity Planning, Trend/Predictive Analysis, Testing/Stressing, and recovery planning in Enterprise Class environments)
- Relational database design
- E01 - 1 Year, with related Bachelors degree.
- E03 - 4 Years, with related Bachelors degree.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor
Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependant Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
- Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
- Where talented people can make an impact.
- Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Make your next move to Raytheon!
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
To Apply for this position, pleaseCLICK HERE