Field Controls Technician / Controls Engineer - PLC RSLogix
CONTROLS ENGINEER - PLC / RSLogix, Panel Builder (field service work required as well)
These are full time, direct hire (PERM) positions at very stable manufacturing clients with paid vacation, benefits, 401K, etc.
If you are qualified and interested in pursuing the opportunity, please be sure to answer the questions posed at the end of the job description and please be sure to attach your Word .doc resume. If you are indeed a match, you will be contacted rather quickly via email or a phone call.
Controls Engineer experienced in design, construction, programming and field startup of PLC based control systems. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design of electrical control systems in coordination with other engineering and field personnel.
• Utilize schematic diagrams to verify correct wiring on machinery and in control panels
• Develop an understanding of the process systems involved
• Application, configuration and troubleshooting of drives
• Develop and edit PLC and HMI programs
• Perform field I/O checkout and startup support
• Work with startup personnel both from the office and in the field to verify correct operation of systems
• Recognize operational issues in the field and implement effective solutions as required
• Create and maintain electrical and control documentation
• Provide on-site and telephone support of customer questions and controls related problems with equipment.
• Assists sales personnel with electrical controls information and cost estimates for new systems quotations
• Diagnostic support for customer service personnel
• Support purchasing and spare parts departments with specification of components
• Support and direct internal equipment factory testing
• Minimum 2 years experience in a controls engineering role.
• Working knowledge of applicable codes, i.e. NEC, UL, NFPA
• Working knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives and DC drives
• Working knowledge of networked devices and I/O (DeviceNet, ControlNet, Modbus)
• Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley software platforms, specifically RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Factory Talk View, PanelBuilder.
• Demonstrated self-starter able to work in a fast paced environment
• Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Basic to intermediate AutoCAD skills are a plus.
• Microsoft Project' skills a plus but not required.
• A detail orientation is strongly required.
• Willingness to travel is required (approximately 30%).
• Servo drive experience preferred
• Basic pneumatic design experience preferred.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering preferred but not required.
If interested and QUALIFIED, please answer the below questions and please be sure to reply with your WORD .doc RESUME