Bilinugal Foster Care Case Manager-Spanish Speaking
Seeking Licensed Bilingual Foster Care Case Managers for our Southside Location.
Job Summary: Perform case work services for children and families in regular, specialized or home-of-relative foster care programs with an emphasis on meeting the clients environmental and psychosocial needs, and implementing a permanent living plan for each child; build and/or manage a caseload of foster care providers. Also, managing caseload of sexually agressive youth.
Requirements For Foster Care Case Manager
Bachelors degree in Social Work, Human Service, Psychology or similar degree from an accredited university.Must haveDCFScertifications including the DCFS Child Welfare Licensure; CERAP; CCA 402; & SACWIS. Also, must haveinsured automobile that meets DCFSstandards of safety and driving .Must have a perceptive awareness of the needs and responses of children and the capacity to work well with adults; ability to organize work and prepare required reports; flexibility and willingness to work evening and/or weekend hours, if needed to carry out job responsibilities; basis computer skills and knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word required. Must have previous experience working with sexually agressive youth.Must be able to speak both Spanish and English.
Core Competencies include:
- Total Quality Management: ensure highest quality of services which meet stakeholder needs/requirements; initiate continuous improvement; re-engineer-redesign work processes
- Diversity/Cultural Competence: work effectively with people of differing backgrounds.
- Set Priorities: separate the critical few from the trivial many and create focus
- Effectiveness under Pressure: face a crisis and handle it effectively
- Resilience: face a major roadblock and persevere to overcome it
- Listen Actively: including paraphrasing, empathize and summarize the views of others
- Presentation Capabilities: orally present ideas to others clearly, concisely and in a way that gets the message across
- Writing Skills: write clearly and succinctly; get messages across that have the desired effect; use appropriate style, grammar and tone.
- Computer Skills: Has an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge and skills with Agencys computer software (i.e. Outlook, EVOLV, Word, etc.)